Shade Cloth Applications
The percentage listed on shade cloth refers to the percentage of sunlight and corresponding UV rays blocked. 60% shade blocks 60% of the sunlight.
The most common application for shade cloth is backyard shade - over a deck, gazebo or pergola. For this application, our most popular product is the 65% Ultra Tan. Also popular are the 60% green, 50% white and 80% black. If you live in a warmer climate, you may want to consider the 87% green or 87% grey.
Other popular applications:
- 30% Shade Cloth - Great for pond netting and for keeping larger leaves out of swimming pools. For growers, 30% is perfect for protecting your geraniums and chrysanthemums.
- 40% Shade Cloth - Keep your veggies from burning with the 40%. Also great for lillies and bedding plants.
- 50% Shade Cloth - Use the white 50% for a cooling backyard shade. It hotter climates, one customer from Arizona quoted "Last year, despite the hottest summer on record, because of the white 50% cloth I was able to pick tomatoes, watermelons, chard, and lima beans all the way through to October." The 50% black serves as a paintball barrier and also protects your ficus from the heat.
- 60% Shade Cloth - The 60% green is a popular choice for backyard shade. For growers 60% works well on orchids.
- 65% Ultra Tan Shade Cloth - The most popular choice for backyard shade. Neutral color combined with shade factor provides an awesome combination.
- 70% Shade Cloth - Used primarily for backyard shade and available in a variety of colors.
- 80% Shade Cloth - Maximum shade for high wind areas. Very popular choice for backyard shade - especially in hotter climates.
- 90% Shade Cloth - Also sold as Privacy Fence. Extremely popular with deer farmers and great for shading livestock.